Re: Authorization Delegation & CORS

I had a little Skype discussion with Henry about that topic. Here a
short summary:

Both, delegation and CORS, give you an agent and a secretary which can
be used for access control. But there are some differences till you get
a verified agent and secretary:

			delegation			CORS

authenticated
object			secretary			agent

secretary
object type		URI				host

trust relation		property in profile		selecting
							a cert*

* Works only if the browser opens a new connection for every host that
uses CORS and asks every time for a cert. We have to check how the
browser behaves.

For further discussions we should agree to a vocabulary for the
following stuff:

In the delegation discussion the secretary term is already established.
Can we also call CORS-Origin secretary?

How do we call the combination of agent + secretary? I will call it this
email source, which doesn't exactly fit from my point of view.

This allows us to talk about dimension for the access control stuff. A
source with the dimension agent+secretary can access a target with the
dimension resource (and maybe a definition for triples). Also I'm not
very happy about "target".

Some of the CORS discussion was based on this diagram [1]. It's a very
early version without numbers, good descriptions and terms. But maybe
somebody wants to use/improve it.

bergi

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/Pingback#Client-Side_Pingback