Re: Building a paid App Market

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:50:20 +0200
To: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
On 7 August 2012 15:10, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that we have a few social systems progressing nicely.
> Do people think it's the right time to start working on a paid app market.
> The idea of the web as the intersection of information spaces, could apply
> to apps too.  ie to make apps that are as compatible as possible with other
> app eco systems, but also to allow you to 'deploy to the web', and add in a
> payment system to encourage people to build apps.
> Perhaps it might be possible to hook in payswarm as a possible payments
> system.
> If anyone is interested in this idea, it's something I'd be happy to work
> on, with maybe trying to get a proof of concept ready by end of next month
> in time for TPAC.
> Any thoughts, design ideas, issues?

I've jotted down some notes in this wiki page ... please feel free to add
to it or make changes as you see fit

Next Steps

   - Investigate possible code reuse, in particular, the payswarm wordpress
   - Brainstorm minimal viable product

Also will be interesting to see if app.net reaches is funding goal over the
weekend ...