Re: Building a paid App Market

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:50:20 +0200
To: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
On 7 August 2012 15:10, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that we have a few social systems progressing nicely.
>
> Do people think it's the right time to start working on a paid app market.
>
> The idea of the web as the intersection of information spaces, could apply
> to apps too.  ie to make apps that are as compatible as possible with other
> app eco systems, but also to allow you to 'deploy to the web', and add in a
> payment system to encourage people to build apps.
>
> Perhaps it might be possible to hook in payswarm as a possible payments
> system.
>
> If anyone is interested in this idea, it's something I'd be happy to work
> on, with maybe trying to get a proof of concept ready by end of next month
> in time for TPAC.
>
> Any thoughts, design ideas, issues?

I've jotted down some notes in this wiki page ... please feel free to add
to it or make changes as you see fit

http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/App_Market

Next Steps

   - Investigate possible code reuse, in particular, the payswarm wordpress
   plugin
   - Brainstorm minimal viable product

Also will be interesting to see if app.net reaches is funding goal over the
weekend ...