Building a paid App Market

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:10:00 +0200
To: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
Now that we have a few social systems progressing nicely.

Do people think it's the right time to start working on a paid app market.

The idea of the web as the intersection of information spaces, could apply
to apps too.  ie to make apps that are as compatible as possible with other
app eco systems, but also to allow you to 'deploy to the web', and add in a
payment system to encourage people to build apps.

Perhaps it might be possible to hook in payswarm as a possible payments
system.

If anyone is interested in this idea, it's something I'd be happy to work
on, with maybe trying to get a proof of concept ready by end of next month
in time for TPAC.

Any thoughts, design ideas, issues?