here's a draft charter strawman slideset, wrt W3C Rules WG

From: Benjamin Grosof <bgrosof@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:59:14 -0400
To: public-rule-workshop-discuss@w3.org
Cc: Said Tabet <stabet@comcast.net>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Harold.Boley@nrc.ca, Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>, Eric Miller <em@w3.org>, Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@deri.org>, Jos de Bruijn <jos.debruijn@deri.org>, Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@nist.gov>, Eric Miller <em@w3.org>, James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, Murray Burke <mburke@snap.org>, Mark Greaves <mtgreaves@yahoo.com>, David Martin <martin@AI.SRI.COM>, ruleml-wsmo@ruleml.org
Hi folks,
Here's a draft charter strawman slideset, wrt W3C Rules WG.  It's attached
(as zip) in HTML, source Powerpoint, and RTF too.
This version dates from during and just after the W3C Rules Workshop, and
is slightly revised from the version has been distributed to a few dozen
folks including the W3C Team and others, several of whom provided feedback
at that time.
It will certainly undergo further revision.
It's based on trying to formulate coherently two sets of things:
1. the RuleML, SWSI, and WSMO positions at the Workshop
2. discussion at the Workshop, including my perception of the
majority/consensus views developed there

I think it would be helpful if discussion on the new
public-rule-workshop-discuss@w3.org list can be focused largely around the
issues raised here.

I'll plan to post it on my webpage sometime fairly soon, probably next week
(I am on trip now).
Benjamin

Prof. Benjamin Grosof
Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof