Re: Next few weeks in RIF

From: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:24:22 +0000
To: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
CC: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
On 01/03/2010 19:51, Chris Welty wrote:
> We'd like to make a push for the next few weeks to get ready for
> transition. We have some decisions to make, some work to do on the
> documents, etc.
> So, we will resume weekly telecons for about a month, starting tomorrow.
> What is the status of the "other" documents, should we change or update
> them? Are they in their final form?
> UCR: Leora?
> XML-data: Christian?
> OWL2/RL: Dave?

As far as I know that is up to date. There have been several small
changes since the first working draft. Rule errors spotted by Axel, some
missing rules (due to changes in OWL 2 RL I had missed) and updated to
use the List builtins. I have just updated the translation appendix (7)
following Axel's recent comment that his fix hadn't been replicated there.

However, there is one remaining Editor note (duplicated in two places):

"These rules are believed to be correct. However, since the original
version was developed various manual edits have been made to conform to
changes in RIF and OWL 2 RL. Mechanical verification will be required
before final publication."

I'm not sure what to do about this. I'm no longer in a position to be
running tests and verification on the updated rules. We could publish
without this note and fix any further errors that implementers spot via