[DTB] review (completing action 775)

Hi,

Except for the latest changes here my review for DTB.

-Adrian

Abstract

Mention also RIF PRD:
->  This document, developed by the Rule Interchange Format (RIF) Working
Group, specifies a list of primitive datatypes, built-in functions and
built-in predicates expected to be supported by RIF dialects such as the RIF
Basic Logic Dialect and the RIF Production Rules Dialect

Section 1.2

Duplicated sentence: ¡°The precise way in which these directives work is
explained in Section Shortcuts for Constants in RIF's Presentation Syntax.¡±

Section 1.2.2.

Section 1.3.

For the XML Schema datatypes of RIF, namely all RIF datatypes [ in ] within
the xs: namespace

Section 2.1

to describe both [both] the syntax and semantics

Section 2.2.

¡°The semantics of external terms in RIF-FLD and RIF-BLD is defined using
two mappings: Iexternal and Itruth ¦Ï Iexternal¡­.¡±

What about RIF Core and RIF PRD. The condition language of PRD and the newly
introduced external print built-in use this semantics from DTB (FLD) ¨C so
they should be mentioned as well.

Section 3.1.1.

¡°RIF supports identity for typed literals through the "=" predicate in all
dialects that extend RIF-CORE. Identity for typed literals is defined as
being the same point in the value space for that type.¡±

That would disallow future order-sorted typed RID dialects to be extensions
of RIF Core ¨C literals are equal if they belong to the same sort (type) or
a sub-type.

3.6.1.1 func:not
Maybe we should add a sentence about the difference of this not function
built-in and negation as e.g. in PRD to make it explicit ¨C but it is also
fine as it

Maybe a general ¡°RIF DTB Extensibility¡± section at the end could be
helpful which describes how future RIF dialects would extend RIF DTB and how
user-defined functions and built-ins can be defined with respect to the
¡°normative¡± DTB built-ins.

-Adrian

-----Urspr¨¹ngliche Nachricht-----