Re: comments on RIF-Core

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:27:54 +0200
To: Stella Mitchell <stellamit@gmail.com>
CC: RIF <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
Stella,

Thanks for your comments. Let me respond to you comments on the safeness
section:

> 5.1 Safeness
> -------------------
>      4th para, 1st bullet:
>           pred:date-equal appears twice
>             (same for the editor's note, and string-iri
>             is replaced with string-equal there)

having string-equal there was an error. iri-string is not meant to
appear in the note.

>      para after the editor's note:
>           "antecedents" isn't used anywhere else in the document.
>           Change to "premises" to match the terminology in earlier
>           sections?

Done.

>      next para:
>           outside of phi -->
>           outside of phi in the rule?

Well, there is no rule in the context of the condition formula, so one
cannot talk about it. I changed "outside" to "anywhere outside". Does
this help?

>     next para, 2nd bullet (disjunction):
>           there is a set of phis, but only phi1 seems to come into
>           play in the definition ?

This is on purpose. the disjuncts phi2...phil are "applicable" in all
the child nodes of the current node, and so they must be retained.
Observe that the condition in the bullet applies to all nodes of the
tree, and so also to all the child nodes.

Jos