Re: [RIF] XML syntax ofr lists

********* NOTICE **********
My new email address at IBM is: csma@fr.ibm.com
My ILOG email address will not be forwarded after June 8
*****************************

Harold,

"Boley, Harold" <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote on 04/05/2009
16:53:05:

> Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:
>>
>> "Boley, Harold" <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote on 04/05/2009
14:41:27:

>>> Michael, Adrian, and I have implemented in our Actions what was
>>> specified here:
>>> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Lists
>>
>> You are right. I had seen that.
>>
>> The problem I had is that it violates the "stripping" we have
>> enforced everywhere else: there is no "role" element between the
>> <List> element and the elements in the list; whereas there is one
>> for the tail (the <rest> element). Hence my proposed addition of a
>> <elements rif:ordered="yes"> role element.
>>

> We have always known that when we developed Lists over the last
> couple of years.
> Lists are an XML-like, sequential, 'unstriped' data structure by
> their very nature.

This becomes more than "just" an editorial decision, since it touches to
the principles of RIF XML => I move the discussion to the main list.

All: I also attach, below, the message that started that discussion

Cheers,

Christian