RE: [RIF-APS] Rules Sign

From: Boley, Harold <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:36:45 -0400
To: <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>, "Chris Welty" <cawelty@gmail.com>
Cc: "Jos de Bruijn" <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>, "Adrian Paschke" <adrian.paschke@biotec.tu-dresden.de>, <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Let's not do such an overhaul but continue with the PS of the LC,
and instead continue with the _separate layer_ of the RIF Abridged
Presentation Syntax (APS).

RIF's PS is analogous to OWL 2.0's Functional-Style Syntax

RIF's APS currently mostly compactifies the PS.
Alternatively, with 'isa' etc. evolving towards Controlled English,
it could be made analogous to OWL 2.0's Manchester Syntax
SBVR has already looked into a Controlled English for rules