W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > October 2008

PRD discussions <-- RE: [Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon 7 October

From: Paul Vincent <pvincent@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 05:31:46 -0700
Message-ID: <637B7E7B51291C48838F5AE1F2ACA1D7616857@NA-PA-VBE02.na.tibco.com>
To: "Christian de Sainte Marie" <csma@ilog.fr>, "RIF WG" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

As usual I have other things going on (BPMI TT this week) so can't make
the call. 

But I like the look of Gary's proposals 
*PROPOSED:* Add "New" construct with Gary's proposed syntax ('New' (Var
'#')? Const) and semantics to represent the creation of new frame
objects in then-part of PRD rules; not excluding extending it later with
the use of constructors once we resolve how to call "methods".
*PROPOSED:* Add "Do" construct with Gary's proposed syntax ('Do' Var*
'(' ACTION+ ')') and semantics to represent the declaration of local
variables for binding to New frames in the then-part of PRD rules  ; not
excluding that later resolutions might extend the use of local variables
in the action part.
*PROPOSED:* Extend "Retract" construct with Gary's proposed syntax
('Retract(' [Atom|Frame|TERM] ')') and semantics to add represent the
removal of a frame object in then-part of PRD rules, that is, to
represent the removal of an object from the instances of its class as
well as all the frames with that object in the object position.

Christian - can you send out call details for the PRD RIF call? This may
be lunchtime here so I may be able to join...

Paul Vincent
TIBCO | Business Optimization | Business Rules & CEP
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-rif-wg-request@w3.org]
> On Behalf Of Christian de Sainte Marie
> Sent: 07 October 2008 09:07
> To: RIF WG
> Subject: [Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon 7 October
> 
> 
> All,
> 
> I just noticed that I drafted the agenda yesterday, but that I did not
> send it :-(
> 
> Apologies for the late delivery.
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Christian
> ------------
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
> 7 October 2008
> 
> North America and Europe are in the summer time:
> 1500 UTC, 0800 (West US) 1100 (East US) 1600 (London) 1700 (Paris)
> 
> Duration: *90 min*
> 
> *Agenda summary*
> 1. Admin (5 mn)
> *PROPOSED:* accept minutes of telecon Sept 23 [1]
> *PROPOSED:* accept minutes of telecon Sept 30 [2]
> 2. Liaison (5 mn)
> 3. Public comments [3] (5 mn)
> 4. Action review [4] [5] (5 mn)
> 5. Publication plans (15 mn)
> 6. Review action 574 (OWL2-RL and BLD) [6] [7] (10 mn)
> 7. PRD [8] (30 mn)
> *PROPOSED:* Add "New" construct with Gary's proposed syntax ('New'
(Var
> '#')? Const) and semantics to represent the creation of new frame
objects
> in then-part of PRD rules; not excluding extending it later with the
use
> of constructors once we resolve how to call "methods".
> *PROPOSED:* Add "Do" construct with Gary's proposed syntax ('Do' Var*
'('
> ACTION+ ')') and semantics to represent the declaration of local
variables
> for binding to New frames in the then-part of PRD rules  ; not
excluding
> that later resolutions might extend the use of local variables in the
> action part.
> *PROPOSED:* Extend "Retract" construct with Gary's proposed syntax
> ('Retract(' [Atom|Frame|TERM] ')') and semantics to add represent the
> removal of a frame object in then-part of PRD rules, that is, to
represent
> the removal of an object from the instances of its class as well as
all
> the frames with that object in the object position.
> 8. Review action 577 (weak VS strong safety) [9] [10] (15 mn)
> 9. Test Cases [12] [11]
> *PROPOSED:* Approve some test cases (to be determined during the
telecon)
> 10. AOB
> 
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Sep/att-
> 0206/2008-09-23-minutes-revised.html
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Oct/att-
> 0003/20080930-rif-minutes.html
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-comments/
> [4] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/open
> [5] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/pendingreview
> [6] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/574
> [7]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Sep/0138.html
> [8] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/PRD
> [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/577
> [10]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Sep/0178.html
> [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/TCS
> [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Category:Test_Case
> -------------------
> 
> *Detailed agenda*
> 
> Bridges: +1.617.761.6200 (US), +33 4 89 06 34 99 (F) or
+44.117.370.6152
> (GB)
> Conference code: 74394# ('RIFWG')
> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
> Web-based IRC (member-only): [http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc]
> 
> *PLEASE POST REGRETS* TO
> [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/TeleconRegrets]
> 
> Chair: Chris Welty
> Scribe: Changhai Ke
> See Scribes List [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/ScribesList]
> 
> Please note that RIF WG telecons are for attendance only by Working
> Group Participants and guests invited by the chairs.
> 
> 1. ADMIN (5 min)
> 
> - Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
> RIF Regrets Policy:
> [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RegretsPolicy]
> Using Zakim:
> [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UsingZakim]
> Telecon Etiquette:
> [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/TeleconEtiquette]
> Action/Issues Tracker:
> [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/]
> 
> - Agenda amendments
> 
> PROPOSED: accept minutes of telecon September 23 [1]
> 
> PROPOSED: accept minutes of telecon September 30 [2]
> 
> 2. Liaison (5 min)
> 
> - Review active liaisons:
> PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
> OWL (W3C) - Sandro Hawke
> HCLS (W3C IG) - Adrian Paschke
> 
> 3. Public comments (5 mn)
> 
> - Examine responses to public comments [2] and any new public comments
[3]
> 
> 4. Action review (5 mn)
> 
> - Review actions due [4] and pending review [5]
> 
> 5. Publication plans (15 mn)
> 
> - Review publication plans for all nine documents (UCR, Core, BLD,
FLD,
> SWC, DTB, PRD, Test, rdf:Text)
> 
> 6. Review action 574 ("Look at OWL-2-RL rules and consider whether
they
> are implementable in BLD") [6] (10 mn)
> 
> - Review Dave's action (see also Dave email [7]
> 
> 7. PRD [8] (30 mn)
> 
> - Discuss (and possibly adopt) proposed resolution by PRD TF on
actions in
> PRD to create, bind and remove frame objects:
> 
> PROPOSED: Add "New" construct with Gary's proposed syntax ('New' (Var
> '#')? Const) and semantics to represent the creation of new frame
objects
> in then-part of PRD rules; not excluding extending it later with the
use
> of constructors once we resolve how to call "methods".
> 
> PROPOSED: Add "Do" construct with Gary's proposed syntax ('Do' Var*
'('
> ACTION+ ')') and semantics to represent the declaration of local
variables
> for binding to New frames in the then-part of PRD rules  ; not
excluding
> that later resolutions might extend the use of local variables in the
> action part.
> 
> PROPOSED: Extend "Retract" construct with Gary's proposed syntax
> ('Retract(' [Atom|Frame|TERM] ')') and semantics to add represent the
> removal of a frame object in then-part of PRD rules, that is, to
represent
> the removal of an object from the instances of its class as well as
all
> the frames with that object in the object position.
> 
> 8. Review action 577 (Write down the definitions of strict and weak
safety
> of a ruleset) [9] (15 mn)
> 
> - Review Axel's action (see also Axel's email [10] and following
thread)
> 
> 9. Test Cases [11] [12]
> 
> PROPOSED: Approve some test cases (to be determined during the
telecon)
> 
> 10. AOB
> - Next meeting: 14 October 2008 (pick scribe!)
> 
> 
> 
Received on Tuesday, 7 October 2008 12:32:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:55 GMT