Re: Reference vs import <-- RIF Core shortened

Gary Hallmark wrote:

> BTW, many "facts" in foo.xml aren't easily representable in RIF Core
> (e.g. datatype constraints and cardinality constraints).  So the xml
> import will be lossy.

Which is one more reason to import the data model by reference and not by translation and embedding (as it is done with RDF and OWL data models/data sources, btw: the mapping for embedding RDF and OWL that is described in SWC is only informative, not normative).

Another way to put it is to point back to that discussion we have had already a number of time: should RIF provide yet another general data modelling language or should it rather promote the use of existing ones wherever possible?

I guess that you know where I lean from how I put the question :-)