My position on Rigid RDF

From: Alex Kozlenkov <alex.kozlenkov@betfair.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:01:12 +0100
To: <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
Dear Group,

My opinion about "Rigid RDF" remains unchanged. Using RDF datatypes is
justifiable and optional.  However, using RDF to define the very
structure of RIF establishes a strong link to RDF that is _not_
justifiable. Millions of Web, Java and .NET developers have reconciled
themselves to XML-based configuration files, and making RDF namespace a
requirement will raise a number of eyebrows unnecessarily.

Alex Kozlenkov

Advanced Technology Group

Office: +44 (0)20 8834 6854

Yahoo! Messenger: alex.kozlenkov

Betfair Limited | Winslow Road | Hammersmith Embankment | London | W6

Company No. 5140986

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is
intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be
disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be
copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the
sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any
e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely