UCR document

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:44:42 -0400
To: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Adrian & RIFWG,

At the last telecon we discussed Gary's UCR review, and I agreed to share my
thoughts on where the document should go.  Up until now, the UCR document has
provided us a set of requirements, as well as some "design constraints" that
have guided our design of BLD.  Going forward, the UCR document will serve as a
publicity vehicle for RIF.  It's purpose is not to guide us anymore, but to
guide others to RIF, to explain as simply as possible what RIF dialects are for
and why anyone should consider using them.  It should not be a tutorial,
focusing on the "Why use RIF"? questions and not "How to use RIF", but it should
do this with clear motivating examples (i.e. Use Cases) expressed in the
syntax&semantics we have developed.

-Chris