Re: status of the BLD/FLD draft

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:31:16 +0100
To: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
CC: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

> 2. General syntax and semantics of builtins (as opposed to the particulars
>    of each builtin). I have not incorporated it into the document yet.
>
>    This is probably not on a critical path to a publication of the next
>    draft. The DTB doc, which goes with this, is not yet ready anyway.

I think it would be good to at least have the syntax and semantics of
built-ins.  Otherwise, it might seem like not much has happened in the
BLD language since the last working draft.

> 4. XML.
>
>    People were unhappy with the degree of formality with which XML was
>    specified.  There is also no XML for FLD.
>
>    The second issue is not a show-stopper for the publication, but the
>    first depends on how violently people object.

I would not violently object at this point, but I have the feeling that
we will need a couple of iterations before we get the XML specification
right.

Best, Jos

--
                          debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
One man that has a mind and knows it can
always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
   -- George Bernard Shaw