[SWC] publishing appendix as separate note

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:30:38 +0100
To: RIF <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
dear all,

For some time the status of the Appendix: embeddings [1] of the RDF and
OWL compatibility document has been an open issue.  The reason it is an
open issue is that it is not really part of the specification, but
rather an implementation hint; see also the e-mail thread [2].

I propose to do the following before publication of the second working
draft:
- move the appendix to a separate document, which is intended to be
published as a working group note,
- publish an editor's draft of this document, and
- refer to this draft from WD2 of the RDF and OWL compatibility document.

We might discuss my proposal during the telephone conference tomorrow.

Best, Jos

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/SWC#Appendix:_Embeddings
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Oct/0085.html
--
                          debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
One man that has a mind and knows it can
always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
   -- George Bernard Shaw