Re: Comments on the 2/19 SWC doc (mostly proofreading type)

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:02:25 +0100
To: Stella Mitchell <cleo@us.ibm.com>
CC: public-rif-wg@w3.org
Stella,

Thanks a lot for the comments.  Find replies to selected comments in
line. I incorporated (or will do so very soon) all the other ones, save
those related to the details of the BLD semantics; I will update those
when BLD is frozen.

>     1st definition:
>          The symbol D used in 2 different ways here? (as the datatype
> map and as
>           the domain of the RIF interpretation.)

They are distinguished by the domain being bold and italicized, whereas
the datatype map is not.
I believe that this is sufficient to distinguish the two.  In principle,
it would have been better to use two different symbols; however, in the
original definitions the symbol D was used for both, and I wanted to
keep as close as possible to the original definitions.

> 5.4
> ----
>    1st para:
>        The embeddings of RDF and RDFS entailment -->
>        The embeddings of RDF and RDFS graphs              ?

those are embeddings of the respective entailment regimes, and not the
graphs per se.

best, Jos

--
                          debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
One man that has a mind and knows it can
always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
   -- George Bernard Shaw