AW: named-argument uniterms [was: regrets telecon on Tuesday]

Dave Reynolds wrote:

>The implicit question discussed on the
>telecon was whether this is a sufficiently minority interest that the
>extra burden to all implementers out weighs the convenience of a few.

I would not say that named arguments are necessarily a burden for
implementers writing translators for execution systems supporting only
ordered literals. Default incremented arguments might be a solution which
can be easily implemented in XSLT or programmatic translators. For instance:

   SystemA                RIF                      SystemB
  p(2,"abc") ----> p(arg2("abc"),arg1(2),) -----> p(2,"abc")

Adrian