Re: ISSUE-43 ISSUE 41 - Proposed resolution for membership and classification

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:07:50 +0100
To: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
CC: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>, "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

>> Proposed: Close Issue-41 by including in BLD membership formulae of
>> [...]
>
> An issue to take into account in discussing this is whether and how it
> would impact Dave's use case for the membership formula [1].

After refreshing my memory on the definition of # in BLD, I am a little
bit ashamed of having started that discussion, here and at the telecon
(blush)...

However, I think I heard Jos and maybe others say that, in its BLD
specification, # could not be used to state membership in types defined
in an XML schema, the way I imagined to use it in my example.

Can someone explain me why?

Thanx,