RE: updated RAK response

Very diplomatic response!

<<Indeed, the operational semantics of RIF-PRD is intended to cater to
the basic requirements wrt rule interchange between the production rule
systems used in business rules kinds of applications, and forward
chaining is largely the norm, there, in terms of usage (even though
most, or all, the PR engines they use offer some kind of backward
chaining and/or truth maintenance).>>

Might be better rewritten as

<<Indeed, the operational semantics of RIF-PRD is intended to cater to
the basic requirements wrt rule interchange between the production rule
systems used in applications that automate business rules. In these,
forward chaining is largely the norm. Some PR engines of course also
offer some kind of backward chaining and/or truth maintenance.>>

I do wonder if the standard response to comments like this should also
make it clear that W3C RIF membership remains open, especially for those
with an interest in new dialect development?

Paul Vincent
TIBCO | Business Optimization | Business Rules & CEP