New member

From: Stuart Taylor <staylor@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:41:22 +0100
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org

Hello all,

I have recently joined the RIF working group. My name is Stuart Taylor.
I am a research student at the University of Aberdeen. I am working on
rule extensions of ontology languages, supervised by Jeff Z. Pan and
Dave Reynolds.

I have been reading the mailing list archives for some time now and have
been working on some implementations based on the draft RIF
specifications. I have been working couple of tools so far. The first, a
parser for the BLD Presentational and XML syntax (early April BLD
snapshot); which can output to XML or PS. The second is a translator for
translating between BLD and Jena Rules. Iím planning to get these tools
back up to date with the latest drafts soon. I hope that they will be of
interest to the Working Group.

Stuart.