[RIF-test] Consistency/NegativeConsistency tests

From: Stella Mitchell <cleo@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:47:07 -0400
To: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
The topic of  Consistency/NegativeConsistency tests came up during the
last
telecon.

If we have this type of test, would it mean that a BLD consumer will be
required
to, or can optionally, have a consistency-checking mode, where it takes an
input
document and gives an answer - consistent or inconsistent?

The BLD spec doesn't define a consistent document. Can we define this
test as:  The document must be found consistent if there is some semantic
structure (interpretation) that is a model of the document, and
inconsistent
otherwise.

Stella