Re: [PRD] Default conflict resolution strategy (ISSUE-64)

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 17:09:54 +0200
To: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Gary Hallmark wrote:
> BTW, Oracle/Jess does not support all-at-once rule firing, other than by
> aggregation.  Nor do they support random firing. I think these are rare
> features, and do not merit standardization.

I thought of "all-at-once" as a possible way to specify a "sequential"
mode: not sure it is very common, indeed.

This being said: what does Oracle/Jess do when all the conflict
resolution strategies have been applied? Fire all the rules that remain
fireable or fire only one? The former would be what I had in mind (but
what I may not have described clearly enough) with "all-at-once" and the
latter correspond to the definition of "random".

Cheers,