Re: [Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon August 5

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:47:00 +0200
To: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
CC: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

> 7. FLD [10] (10 mn)
>
> - What are the next steps and the priorities?

I don't know whether we will go into so much detailed, but in any case,
in my e-mail [1] I mentioned a few discussion points concerning FLD:

- the logical connectives in the language do not include material
implication and equivalence. I do not really understand the rationale
for including certain connectives and not including others.
- it seems to me that the classical negation is not sufficiently general
to capture the notion of strong negation in logic programs.  Do we want
to capture this notion with FLD?

Best, Jos

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Jul/0166.html

--