IBM to acquire Ilog

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:32:55 -0400
To: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

RIF WG,

You should be aware, if you aren't already, that IBM has officially announced
its intention to acquire ILog [1], with the current plan to complete the
acquisition by the end of this calendar year.  Christian and I only found out
about this ourselves less than a week before the announcement.

This would mean that, according to our current WG plan, it is possible that for
the final 4-5 months, both chairs would work for IBM.

This should not be a procedural problem, as the history here is clear, and it
would likely be more disruptive to change chairs for the final few months than
to leave them, but we have some time to think about it and find out if anyone
has any concerns.

-CC&S

[1] http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/24740.wss