Re: Metadata for all and PS for metadata (Was Re: where to hang the metadata?)

Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

> Michael Kifer wrote:

>> It would be
>> useful, although I am afraid we will not be done any time soon with this
>> given the amount of heat that even seemingly simple issues tend to
>> generate.
>
> Maybe, or maybe not :-)
>
> Maybe we could just have a quick poll on which meta-data everyone would
> like to have standardized, and maybe we would see that there is a
> obvious subset of the answers on which nobody objects?

We have discussed this before, a few times (though I lack the time or
will to track down the emails). To me the minimal core set is actually
very simple: name, comment, author(s) and date (of authorship).

Previously I suggested using the rdfs vocabulary plus bits of Dublin
Corre for these but there was preference for use of Dublin Core. So my
suggestion would be:

    dc:title        - rule name
    dc:description  - longer descriptive comments
    dc:creator      - author
    dc:date         - authorship date

Personally I want to also have rdfs:seeAlso as a route to referring to
arbitrary other metadata documents on the web but that's not critical.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England