Re: [BLD] review of snapshot version http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/draft/ED-rif-bld-20080410/

> Direct Specification" of BLD still often refers to the FLD document and
> is not entirely self-contained.

This is treated *more than adequately*. The document clearly identifies the
sections that must be moved to DTB and the references that will be changed.
It is a waste of time to make such gratuitous changes in a draft, and then
revert to a previous wording just couple of weeks after that.

Regarding symbol spaces, they should be in DTB. Perhaps DTB could be
appropriately renamed to accommodate that, but I think it is fine as is.

Regarding other comments:

> "Note: I think we have some problem here: Since we do not specify
> signature definitions or signatures as part of the rule set definitions,
> but only say predicate and function symbols are defined by their
> syntactical context, what happens on merging rulesets one of which uses
> p as a function symbol and one of which uses p as a predicate symbol?
> Even if two rulesets are separately well-formed, the union of their
> rules might not."

This is not a problem with the document, but with the group's decision to
restrict BLD like that. This will make BLD less useful for merging
rulesets.  Fortunately, we now have a framework, and it is easy to define
BLD+ with all kinds of extensions. Could even add it to the appendix along
with the core and stuff like that.

> I am not entirely happy with the term "Group" since it is very
> unspecific. I think, in the end, I'd like ruleset better, but I don't
> have the ultimate suggestion, to be honest.

Whatever it is, this must be dialect-independent, so Rule and Ruleset
are unacceptable. Do you also have a problem with the term "block" in
programming languages even though a block may contain only one statement?

> refer to sections rather by their number than by their name

HTML and wiki are not LaTeX. You cannot do that. At this stage, hard-coded
references to section numbers would be acceptable only if you promise to
maintain those references is good order 24/7  :-)

	--michael