import qus <-- RE: imports + metadata

Imports: A few qu's.
1. Is this something that is quite common in the semantic web
knowledgebase world? AFAIK its not the case in the commercial prod rule
world, other than maybe as a rule mgmt issue (ie not as a deployment /
interchange issue).

2. By "including" some knowledgebase, presumably you are doing so
because it is external (if it wasn't you could collapse it in-situ
before interchange). How can you "guarantee" you know such an external
KB's content? By contract? By version no or metadata? Or is that not
really an issue for the use case envisaged?

For PRD this is not necessary for rule interchange at this time (but it
could be something that is really required by the semantic web folks, in
which case I abstain).

Paul Vincent
TIBCO | Business Optimization | Business Rules & CEP