Re: extensibility -> pxfim

From: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:28:12 -0500
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: public-rif-wg@w3.org

I doubt that such a general theory alone would be more useful for RIF than a
simple policy of rejecting documents that have new tags. It could be
useful as an XML framework for fallback mechanisms, but then the hard part
would be to figure out how to specialize it for RIF and make it do
something non-trivial.

Of course, this is just my general feeling. It is based only on the
understanding that the problem is very hard.

But divesting RIF from the responsibility of doing something in this
respect is a very tempting proposition :-)

	--michael