Re: asn07

Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I've put up some details of a proposed revision to asn06 (called,
> surprise surprise, asn07).
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/asn07
>
> The big differences are:
>
>    - support for lists/sequences has been removed, as per my discussion
>      with Bijan and others about how to model sequential items

Could you summarize those?

ASN07 is aimed at modelling data structures and an ordering construct is
pretty useful there. In particular how will the ARG list in Uniterm be
modelled without an ordered sequence construct?

>    - the connection to OWL semantics is much more detailed
>
> This is not "done" yet -- I haven't implemented it [ :-( ], the page is
> still relatively sparse, and obviously RIF-WG hasn't agreed to move in
> this direction.   But I'm pretty sure this is the direction we should
> go, and I wanted to lay it out before we get to Innsbruck.

You use but don't define "qname" in the EBNF. Is that really a qname
syntax, as in the name part has to be a legal NCNAME?

It would worth changing the examples to use qname syntax to be
consistent with the EBNF.

Might also be worth spelling out that you are using RDF-style
concatenation to convert a qname to a URI to make the OWL mapping work.
[At least I assume that's what is meant.]

Cheers,
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England