Re: [Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon 19 June

Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

> - Buildins
>
>   PROPOSED: the buildins in RIF Core are exactly the ones listed in [6]

I think there's a couple of other groups needed, unless they are covered
elsewhere.

** Constructors

I think we need the ability to convert between typed values and strings.
A general way to do that would be to support the constructor functions
as defined in [1] for our selected datatype set. Specifically the
constructor functions:

     xs:string
     xs:long
     xs:decimal
     xs:time
     xs:dateType

** RDF manipulation

We intend to include a means for representing RDF data in Core based on
the frame syntax and some additional datatypes. We will need a
corresponding set of builtin functions.

I suggest a minimum would be to support the SPARQL [2] functions:
    isIRI
    isBlank
    isLiteral
    lang
    datatype
    langMatches
    str

Plus we would need constructors for our mapped version of the RDF
datatypes - iri, blankNode, plain-literal-with-lang-tag.
We need to complete the RDF embedding proposal before we can properly
define this latter group.

** Output

Gary has suggested [3] that a minimal feature to enable test cases to be
written in RIF would be the ability to output a data value (the output
then being used to indicated success of the test case). Thus we would need:

     rif:print

** Lists

There will need to be builtins associated with the List datatype once
that is settled.

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#constructor-functions
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#SparqlOps