Re: [TED] Core Overview Section and Validation Appendix Added

From: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:49:58 -0500
To: Adrian GIURCA <giurca@tu-cottbus.de>
Cc: "Boley, Harold" <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>, Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Adrian, addressing just two of your comments.

> I don't agree. If there are two different roles for the terms involved
> in the equality then they are different. We need to distinguish between
> the left part and the right part just if we consider to use the equality
> in a non-commutative way (as an assignment, for example).

Let's not get carried away. We are talking logic, not Pascal.
What assignment are you talking about in logic?

> Another comment on semantics: TV is a partial order so I believe this
> prepares the future extensions including the management of uncertain
> information. This approach seems to be not a fuzzy one (using different
> implications like Goguen, Lukasiewicz etc). Is  this true? Anyway for me
> this is the right direction. May be some people can comment on that.

I think this doesn't preclude fuzzy implication. The order can be total
(partial doesn't preclude total). Of course, the notion of truth value of a
rule will be different, but it will still be an extension of the core.

	--michael