[Core] Class diagram of the Core meta-model

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:35:24 +0100
To: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
All,

I tried to extract the meta-model that underlies the BNF in the current
version of the Core spec [1]. I attach the class diagrams.

I have two difficulties with the diagram for the RIF Condition Language:
- I added an "Equation" class because I needed something to which the
two terms in an equality literal would be attached;
- I do not know how to show that an Expr is either an Atom or a Term.
Actually, I wonder if it even makes sense to have something like this in
a meta-model. Anyway, what I did, in the diagram, is that I made Expr
both a sub-class of Atom and Term; which is wrong, of course...

<Chair's hat off>
Notice that this email does not imply anything in terms of my personal
endorsement of the diagrammed meta-model: I only tried to stay as close
as possible to the BNF in [1] and the diagrams are only meant to provide
a bottom-line to the discussion that we need to have wrt the Core
meta-model.
</Chair's hat off>

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Core

Cheers,

Christian

Class_Diagram__RIF_Condition_Language.png
(image/png attachment: Class_Diagram__RIF_Condition_Language.png)

Class_Diagram__RIF_Horn_Rule.png
(image/png attachment: Class_Diagram__RIF_Horn_Rule.png)