Re: Another try at subclass

Michael Kifer wrote:

> What is BLD++? Your proposal made no sense to me. You said that BLD should
> be BLD without classification and BLD++ should include it. In the above,
> however, you are saying that BLD should include everything that has already
> been specified. So, what do you mean by BLD++ now?

When I wrote "keep the BLD document complete with all that is already
specified", I meant, "keep the document complete...", not BLD the
dialect; sorry for the confusion.

The idea is to keep everything in a single document, and then define
Core and one or more flavour of "BLD" as subsets of what is specified in
the document (e.g. a dialect that contains no named argument Uniterms
nor classification and that we could call BLD; another that contains
everything specified in the document and that we could call BLD++)..

My understanding was that this would satisfying your sense of a profile,
without the indirection problem that could complicate extensions (and it
also seem that we have very different things in mind when we say
extensions, but that is another subject).