Re: [TED] ACTION-385 DONE (Start document for the list of builtins)

I believe this list of functions for manipulating data values and
comparators for comparing existing data values is a good start.

I think we need at least two additional categories of built-ins:

* testing whether a specific value is of a specific datatype.

E.g., isString/1 could be a built-in predicate whose extension is always
the value space of xsd:string; i.e., it tests whether its argument is a
string.
I think we need such a predicate for each datatype.

* testing whether a specific value is not of a specific datatype.

E.g., isNotString/1 could be a built-in predicate whose extension is
always the complement of the value space of xsd:string; i.e., it tests
whether its argument is not a string.
I think we need such a predicate for each datatype.

Apart from that, we might want to think about having constructor functions.
E.g., a built-in predicate constructDate/4 could be used for
constructing xsd:date values; the first argument would be the return
value (an xsd:date), the second argument would be the year, the third
argument would be the month, and the fourth argument would be the day.
If we were to implement it as a function, constructDate/3 would take a
year, a month, and day as its arguments, and return an xsd:date.

Best, Jos

--
Jos de Bruijn            debruijn@inf.unibz.it
+390471016224         http://www.debruijn.net/