RIF Telecon 23 May 2006

23 May 2006

See also: IRC log


Sandro, ChrisW, FrankMcCabe, Harold, standevitt, PaulaP, Igor_Mozetic, David_Hirtle, Leora_Morgenstern, MichaelKifer, Hassan, Mala, Axel_Polleres, Said_Tabet, josb, StellaMitchell, Evan_Wallace, uli, csma, PaulV, Gary_Hallmark, Deborah_Nichols
DaveReynolds, PeterPatelSchneider, Ian Horrocks, MichaelSintek, AllenGinsberg, JeffPan, ChristianDeSainteMarie




<ChrisW> scribenick: harold

<MichaelKifer> IPCaller is MichaelKifer

<ChrisW> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/att-0229/09-rif-minutes.xml

<MichaelKifer> #41

Minutes May 9th accepted

<ChrisW> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/att-0185/rif-minutes-2006-05-16.html

Minutes May 16th accepted

<PaulaP> no updates

<AxelPolleres> no news, everything on track I guess.

<StanDevitt2> NOTE: Jos DeRoo has checked for DAWG participation. No other members currently attend both calls.

<PaulaP> the action of Allen is done

<csma> Paula is right (about Allen's question being done)

Action 19 COMPLETED (by Gary Hallmark)

<StanDevitt2> Re DAWG coordination, will probably need to draw issues to the atttention of the DAWG chair(s)

<sandro> ack ??P24

<AxelPolleres> unmuting is 63#

Discussion about soundness.

<sandro> No, AxelPolleres Unmute is 61#

<sandro> No, AxelPolleres Unmute is 60#

<sandro> (D'oh!)

<ChrisW> ack +1408

<ChrisW> ack

<sandro> ack +1.408.564.aaaa

Sandro and Harold: Our notion of soundness seems to be slightly more general than the one in (Lloyd 87).

<PaulaP> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/0209.html

<PaulaP> for Allen's action

<ChrisW> thanks

Frank and Paula's GCR document: So far little feedback. More feedback should be sent.

<DavidHirtle> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/att-0188/RIF_requirements.png

<DavidHirtle> there's frank's diagram

<sandro> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/att-0188/RIF_requirements.png

<AxelPolleres> the option with mail is fine, or no....

<ChrisW> zakim [ibm] is probably StellaMitchell

Evan and Sandro like Frank's diagram.

<ChrisW> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/0198.html

Paula solicits feedback on her email on Current list of reqs and design principles.

<ChrisW> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/0197.html

RIFRAF discussion

<AxelPolleres> I preceded all my concrete comments on RIFRAF with "--> comment axel:" in the mail,

<ChrisW> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006May/0232.html

Actions completed by Peter, Hassan, Axel, Paula.

<scribe> New Action for Harold: Respond to Axel's RIFRAF analysis.

<StanDevitt2> Action completed by Jos DeRoo re DAWG interaction

<PaulaP> +1 to Hassan's proposal

<AxelPolleres> +1 to set RIFRAF subcommittee atf2f3

Hassan: Besides responding to shortcomings to the current RIFRAF, we should also extend it.

Will be a topic of F2F3.

Discussion on Technical Design.

Chris: The chairs have polled the group about the Extensible Design: it should now be used as a working syntax.

<AxelPolleres> My action on this continued.

Chris and Sandro: Mappings from other languages to the Condition Language should be attempted.

The emails by Peter and Gerd amount to a SWRL mapping.

Chris: Would be nice to have Production Rules mapped both to RIFRAF and to Condition Language.

Hassan: Already did Production Rules (of ILOG) in RIFRAF. Mapping goes not to surface syntax but directly to the XML level.

<StanDevitt2> +1

Hassan: What about features that are not currently in the (XML element) core?

Chris: Please comment on what features are missing.

<AxelPolleres> +1 to entereing mappings on Wiki, but should also be sent by mail

Chris: Identifying where mapping cannot be done is as important as showing where it can be done.

<sandro> Rete

Paul and Gary: Hassan is speaking for Fair Isaac and Oracle when he shows what can be done for Production Rules with the Condition Language of the Extensible Design.

<Hassan> +1

<StanDevitt2> +1

No other business.

<StanDevitt2> -


<StanDevitt2> -StanDevitt2

<StanDevitt2> bye

Summary of Action Items

[DONE] ACTION: JosDeRoo to Identify someone to do the liasion with DAWG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/16-rif-minutes.html#action01]
[DONE] ACTION: GaryHallmark to draft XML use case based on one submitted by reviewer and own use cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/16-rif-minutes.html#action02]
[DONE] ACTION: Allen to post his proposal on language families to the mail list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/16-rif-minutes.html#action03]
[DONE] ACTION: Axel to Apply RIFRAF to DLV and WRL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/15]
[DONE] ACTION: Hassan to Apply RIFRAF to ILOG JRules [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/16]
[DONE] ACTION: Paula to Apply RIFRAF to Xcerpt and Xchange [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/17]
[DONE] ACTION: pfps to Apply RIFRAF to SWRL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/18]
[DONE] ACTION: Harold to put proposal on the Wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/16-rif-minutes.html#action07]
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Axel to suggest mapping for WRL and DLV [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/16-rif-minutes.html#action05]
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Hassan to suggest mapping for ILOG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/16-rif-minutes.html#action06]
[DONE] ACTION: pfps to suggest a SWRL mapping [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/16-rif-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Harold to Respond to Axel's RIFRAF analysis [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/25]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/05/23 15:52:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127  of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: harold
Inferring Scribes: harold

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found, but dash separators were found.  
Defaulting to -dashTopics option.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: AxelPolleres Axel_Polleres Chris ChrisW DavidHirtle David_Hirtle Deborah_Nichols EKW Evan_Wallace FrankMcCabe Fujitsu GaryHallmark Gary_Hallmark Harold Hassan IBM IPcaller Igor_Mozetic Keeper LeoraMorgenstern Leora_Morgenstern Mala MalaMehrotra MichaelKifer NOTE NRCC P24 P25 P27 P28 P3 PaulV PaulaP SaidTabet Said_Tabet Sandro StanDevitt StanDevitt2 Stan_Devitt StellaMitchell Stella_Mitchell aaaa csma igor josb patranja scribenick uli
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 23 May 2006
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/05/23-rif-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]