RE: A proposal for a unitary RIF phase 1

From: Gerd Wagner <wagnerg@tu-cottbus.de>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 22:26:15 +0200
To: "'Peter F. Patel-Schneider'" <pfps@inf.unibz.it>, <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

>	A Proposal for a Unitary Language for RIF Phase 1

"Unitary"? Hmmh... Does this refer to the syntax or to the
semantics?

> SEMANTICS
>
> An interpretation is an extension of an OWL DL interpretation

I think this (the lengthy notion of an OWL interpretation) would
be an undesirable burden in all those cases of interchange that
do not involve any piece of OWL. Also, we may want to allow
a preference for Herbrand interpretations.

-Gerd