Re: A requirements diagram

Francis McCabe wrote:
> This is in somewhat belated fulfillment of an action I undertook some
> weeks ago - to try to diagram the key goals, CSF and requirements.
>
> In my defense, I had to invent the notation first :)

> Comments on both the requirements and the notation welcome.

I like the notation. I generally like the content.

I would still prefer the third goal to be something more active like
"Basis for future semantic web rules language" or Sandro's "Consistent
with W3C vision" but I accept that I seem to be in a tiny minority in that.

I'm not convinced of the "supports" link between the "markup of
semantics" requirement and the "Soundness" CSF. It might support
"coverage" as well as  extensibility but if we only wanted soundness we
wouldn't bother with such complex machinery. Not an important point
because I doubt the placement of that arrow directly affects any
decisions we have to make.

I'm taking on trust that the description of "markup of semantics" allows
us to simply have distinct symbols in the language for constructs with
different semantics rather than forcing down the route of the same
symbols having different meanings according to metadata tags applied
elsewhere.