XML Data -was- RE: [UCR] Public Comment clarification of term use

>Ginsberg, Allen wrote:
>> I seem to recall someone suggesting that as a requirement, and also
>> that at least one of the original use-cases (a REWERSE one I think) had
>> rules that worked on XML data.
>>

>This is right. In my opinion, the capability ofaccessing/processing XML
>data would be very, very important for thje RIF.

I would like to add my voice to those who have said that rules working
with/against XML Data is a critical requirement for RIF.   One place where
this comes up is in the use of rules with message content that is
encoded against XML Schmemas.  NIST's primary interest in this feature is
for translation in support of integration, but there are many other uses
for rules processing this content.

-Evan