Re: [UCR] alternative Use case publication

Axel Polleres wrote:

> I just added an alternative use case concerning "publication" on the Wiki:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/PublicationAlternative
>
>  It shall empasize the use of RIF for defining implicit metatdata and
> linking metadata from differen sources by rules.

Now that the f2f2 minutes have been published I can see that this [1] is
supposed to be a replacement for the vanished use case on Publication.

On the one hand this does seem to be a perfectly good use case and I'd be
happy to see some improved [*] version of it in the second UCR draft.

On the other hand I don't think it is a complete replacement. The essence
of the original publication use case [2] was the additional requirement for
a human legible syntax that could be used to enable publication of rules
for human developers. That was put up as a strawman to encourage us to
explicitly consider whether a legible syntax (alongside the main XML or RDF
syntax) should be within scope. Axel's new use case has no such
requirement. The alleged requirement for human legibility is not quite the
same as the human orientedness called for in UC 2.5.

Dave

[*] Some comments towards such a tidy up:
- if those data examples are to be included they should be RDF
- the movie/sciFiMovie rule would be better expressed using rdfs:subClassOf
- either delete or rephrase the value-judgement-full statement:
[[[
Recursive dependencies among the interlinked rulesets greatly extend and
generalize the simple one-way RDF data access via SPARQL.
]]]
Sparql can explicitly query multiple datasets and can implement the
alternativeimdb examples.

[1] Which is now at:
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Candidate_Use_Cases_for_2nd_Draft/PublicationAlternative

[2]