W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > February 2006

[RIF][Admin] Minutes Telecon 21 February 2006 - revised

From: George Stoilos <gstoil@image.ntua.gr>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:03:53 +0200
To: "Public-Rif-Wg \(E-mail\)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000401c63868$d57a3cb0$760b6693@image.ece.ntua.gr>

RIF Working Group
telecon of 21 Feb 2006
Minutes

Attendees

Allen Ginsberg (Allen_Ginsberg)
Chris Welty (ChrisW)
Darko Anicic (Darko)
Dave Reynolds (Dave_Reynolds)
David Hirtle (David_Hirtle)
Deborah Nichols (Deborah_Nichols)
Deepali Khushraj (Deepali_Khushraj)
Donald Chapin (DonaldC)
Edward Barkmeyer (Ed_Barkmeyer)
Evan Wallace (Evan_Wallace)
Frank McCabe (FrankMcCabe)
Gary Hallmark (GaryHallmark)
Giorgos Stoilos (GiorgosStoilos)
Guizhen Yang (Guizhen_Yang)
Harold Boley (Harold)
Hassan Ait-Kaci (Hassan_Ait-Kaci)
Igor Mozetic (Igor_Mozetic)
Jeff Pan (JeffPan)
John Hall (John_Hall)
Leora Morgenstern (LeoraMorgenstern)
Mala Mehrotra (Mala_Mehrotra)
Markus Krotzsch (MarkusK)
Michael Kifer (Michael_Kifer)
Michael Sintek (Michael_Sintek)
Ora Lassila (Ora_Lassila)
Paul Vincent (PaulP)
Paula-Lavinia Patranjan (PaulaP)
Philippe Bonnard (Philippe_Bonnard)
Said Tabet (Said_Tabet)
Stan Devitt (StanDevitt)
Ugo Corda (Ugo_Corda)
Uli Sattler (Uli)
Christian de Sainte Marie (csma)
Holger Lausen (holger)
Sandro Hawke (sandro)
deepalik 
pfps 
was


Regrets (cf. http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-02-21_Meeting)

Francois Bry
Benjamin Grosof

Chair: Cristopher Welty
Scribe: Giorgos Stoilos
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-02-21_Meeting
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Feb/0182.html
IRC Log:             http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-irc
RSS Agents Minutes:  http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html
Meeting Wiki Page:   http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-02-21_Meeting

Summary of Topics

Topics
1. ADMIN (10 min)
2. Liaison (5 min)
3. Use Cases & Requirements (30 min)
4. classification (20 min)
5. OWL & RDF COmpatibility (20 min)
6. F2F2
7. AOB (5 min)


Summary of New Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Allen to respond to "Third Party" comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: Chris to respond to RichKR comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: Christian to respond to "Publication" comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action24]
[NEW] ACTION: Ed to synthesize comments on Coverage by Friday and propose
ways to answer the comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: FrankMcCabe to respond to "Information Integration" comments
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: Leora to respond to "Decision Support" comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: paula to clarify list of requirements taking comments into
account [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action19]
[NEW] ACTION: Paula to respond to "Policy-Based..." comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action21]
[NEW] ACTION: PaulV to respond to "Cross-Platform..." comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action22]
[NEW] ACTION: Said to respond to Human rules comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action17]
[NEW] ACTION: Said to rspond to "Third Party" comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action13]

[NEW] ACTION: JeffP, Hassan to review RAF page.

Summary of Dropped Action Items

[DROPPED] ACTION: Frank will do the scenarios for information integration
with Ed Barkmeyer assisting [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action09]
[DROPPED] ACTION: Leora and Jeff: to review the detailed scenario [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action06]


Detailed Minutes


1. ADMIN

Next meeting: F2F meetings 27 Feb 2006

No amendment to agenda

2. Liaison

Liaison

<sandro> (Attendance Verified)

Paul, nothing new
Donald, nothing new on liaison
Other people (enrico, Massimo) were not attending the telecon.


3. Use Case & Requirements

<ChrisW>  ACTION: [DONE] Allen: to compile a list of design goal questions
for listing in a section of the UC&R draft. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action01]
<ChrisW> ACTION: [CONTINUED] Axel, Dieter, Jos : to review the Requirements
(http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Requirements) and comment them.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action04]
<ChrisW> ACTION: [DONE] Harold : to review the Requirements
(http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Requirements) and comment them.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action05]

<LeoraMorgenstern> Can this action be continued?

Jeff, nothing done cause I can find the section

<DavidHirtle> +1 to removing the action

<ChrisW> ACTION: [DROPPED] Leora and Jeff: to review the detailed scenario
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action06]
<ChrisW> ACTION: [CONTINUED] Chris Welty will come up with another example
narrative for a RichKR use case [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action07]
<ChrisW> ACTION: [CONTINUED] csma will incite data access discussion on
mailing list. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action08]
<ChrisW> ACTION: [DROPPED] Frank will do the scenarios for information
integration with Ed Barkmeyer assisting [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action09]
<edbark> +1
<ChrisW> ACTION: [DONE] Paul Vincent will do the detailed scenario for
"Interoperability between rule engines" [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action10]

<DaveReynolds> Fair enough!
<LeoraMorgenstern> +1 with Christian: the suggestions are very helpful!
csma, the discussion in the mailing list worths it despite the heavy load
mentioned by Jim
csma, the straw poll has been extended till Thursday night
allen, should we revise the document at this point?

<sandro> (yes please, drafting changes soon)

leora, should I edit my part on the Decision Support UC
allen, yes
csma, we should edit the document before the F2F
csma, can we have a reviesed version before the F2F?
<StanDevitt> Is it possible to have a "frozen" copy referenced by the people
still reviewing and separately work on a revision for the F2F?
David, some sections are ok, but it depends on the volunteers
<edbark> +1 to Stan
David, can spend some time to revise the document
<sandro>
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/ucr/draft-20060215#Information_Integration
sandro, allen & david can edit the docuemnt in the wiki
<StanDevitt> Can you generate a "diff" version?
<ChrisW> Sandro: the straw poll & review is on "frozen" documents
<DavidHirtle> yes, Stan, using the wiki pages
<sandro> StanDevitt, when I put up the Friday draft, I'll do a nice
HTML-diff, which easier to use than the wiki diff. (in the style I used on
the charter, like:
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/rules/charter2_diff_146_154.html )
<StanDevitt> Thanks.
<sandro> tracker, for people to look at:
<sandro> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/
<sandro> see example for another group:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/

<scribe> ACTION: Ed to synthesize comments on Coverage by Friday and propose
ways to answer the comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action11]
<ChrisW> ACTION: Chris to respond to RichKR comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action12]

csma, we had several comments on merging use cases

<ChrisW> ACTION: Said to rspond to "Third Party" comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action13]
<ChrisW> ACTION: Leora to respond to "Decision Support" comments [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action14]
<DavidHirtle> ACTION: FrankMcCabe to respond to "Information Integration"
comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action15]

<Allen> Allen will take action re "Third Party" comments
csma, presentations for Design Goals in the F2F should be aligned with the
section on Design Goals provided be Allen

<ChrisW> ACTION: Said to respond to Human rules comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action17]

paula, I can refine the Requirements doc after the F2F

<ChrisW> ACTION: Allen to respond to "Third Party" comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action18]
<ChrisW> ACTION: paula to clarify list of requirements taking comments into
account [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action19]

paula, to present what she did in the F2F

<PaulaP> yes

<DavidHirtle> ACTION: Paula to respond to "Policy-Based..." comments
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action21]
<DavidHirtle> ACTION: PaulV to respond to "Cross-Platform..." comments
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action22]

<PaulaP> 'respond to comments on use cases' means modifying wiki page or
writing email?

<DavidHirtle> ACTION: Christian to respond to "Publication" comments
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action24]

<DavidHirtle> (okay, UCR actions should be caught up now)


4. Classification

<ChrisW>  ACTION: [CONTINUED] Chris to start email discussion about what
issues are "fuzzy" wrt phase 1 & 2 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action20]

ACTION: JeffP, Hassan to review RAF page.

ChrisW, people should look in the classification list in the WiKi


5. OWL & RDF Compatibility

<ChrisW>  ACTION: [CONTINUED] csma: will send an email to make a distinction
between OWL and RIF roles [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-rif-minutes.html#action23]

<ChrisW> f2f agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Feb/0171.html


6. F2F

<DavidHirtle> Paula, it means taking into account what comments you can
(from emails and the comments box of the poll)
<DavidHirtle> probably a good idea to send an email out when you've done
something
<PaulaP> ok, thanks
<DavidHirtle> (at least that's my understanding)
<PaulaP> I don't think we can coordinate with RuleML
<PaulaP> there is not enough time
paula could make a presentation of requirements to open the discussion
<ChrisW> hassan you are barely audible
hassan: what is the format of presentations?
<Allen> Suggestion to design goal presenters: if you have time put a link to
your lists in the Design Goal section of UCR doc
<PaulV> Paul V volunteers with Hassan
csma, 15 minute presentations
<PaulaP> +1 to Allen's comment
csma, we have accepted all observers


7. AOB 






Received on Thursday, 23 February 2006 11:04:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:26 GMT