Re: [RIF] [UCR]: What is the RIF (revisited)

Dieter Fensel wrote:

> At 14:21 09.02.2006 +0100, Piero A. Bonatti wrote:
>
>> +1 !!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> On Thursday 09 February 2006 08:55, Francois Bry wrote:
>> > By the way, this applies as well of many W3C recomm endations, as the
>> > following examples show:
>> >
>> > a. the XPath processors developped in industry are all hardly usable
>> > because they are exponential. Academic researtc h has recentlly shown
>> > that polynomial evaluation is possible.
>> >
>> > b. implementing XQuery still is the subject of academic research and
>> far
>> > way from being solved.
>> >
>> > c. RDF bnodes are a serious challenge for efficient reasoning which, to
>> > the best of my knowledge, is far from being solved.
>> >

> Indeed, this is something very stupid about RDF. Why is this a
> recommendation
> to repeat similar mistakes for RIF?

Shouldn't be OWL added to the list as well?

In general, it seems that IETF process of accepting Internet
standards/RFCs (the requirement for prior implementation and testing)
works well. Maybe at least for RIF we should try to stay closer to
operational recommendations.

-Igor