W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > April 2006

[RIF] Agenda 18 Apr RIF Telecon

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:41:42 -0700
Message-ID: <444435C6.9050909@frontiernet.net>
To: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>


AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
18 April 2006
1600 UTC, 0800 (West US) 1100 (East US) 1600 (London) 1700 (Paris)

Duration: 90 min

*TOPICS for this meeting*
1. Admin
2. F2F Meetings
     - updates on F2F3 and F2F4
3. Liaisons
4. Use Cases and Requirements
    - Discussion of specific design constraints
5. Technical Design, Extensibility
6. AOB

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): [http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc]
Meeting Wiki: [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-04-18_Meeting]

PLEASE POST REGRETS TO MEETING WIKI PAGE

Chair: Chris Welty
Scribe:  TBD
See Scribes List [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/ScribesList]

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for for attendance
only by Working Group Participants and guests invited
by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (10 min)

- Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
RIF Regrets Policy:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RegretsPolicy]
Using Zakim:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UsingZakim]
Telecon Etiquette:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/TeleconEtiquette]

- Next Meeting: 25 April

- RIF Telecon overlapping with SPARQL
[DONE] ACTION: Christian will investigate [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-rif-minutes.html#action04]

- PROPOSED: accept minutes of last meeting
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Apr/att-0038/rif-scriberei.html]

- Agenda amendments

2. F2F Meetings (5 minutes)

[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro to set up registration page for F2F3 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/11-rif-minutes.html#action03]

- Update on F2F3 and F2F4
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/F2F3]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/F2F4]
See also:
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Apr/0015.html]
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Apr/0017.html]


3. Liaison (5 min)

- Review active liaisons:
SPARQL (W3C) - Enrico Franconi
XQuery, XPath (W3C) - Massimo Marchiori
Common Logic (ISO) - Bill Andersen & Chris Menzel
PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
SBVR (OMG) - Donald Chapin
ODM (OMG) - Elisa Kendall

4. Use Case & Requirements (60 min)

Wiki Page:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR]
Working draft:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/ucr/draft-20060323]

- Review actions

[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro and Igor to find a name+definition for the 
"pure prolog" requirement that does not mention "pure prolog" [recorded 
in  http://www.w3.org/2006/04/11-rif-minutes.html#action10]
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro to discuss on email whether the "pure prolog" 
requirement can be replaced by a "horn logic" requirement or if we need 
both [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/11-rif-minutes.html#action11]
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Frank will produce an initial diagram with existing 
constraints [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-rif-minutes.html#action10]
[CONTINUED] ACTION: sandro to clarify meaning of sound and what is the 
requirement on RIF [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-rif-minutes.html#action11]
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro to clarify whether sound reasoning constraint 
with unknown dialects is a requirement or a critical success factor 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-rif-minutes.html#action12]

- Discuss specific design constraints
Wiki page http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Design_Constraints


5. Technical Design (5 min)

- discuss extensibility mechanism

7. AOB (5 min)

- review actions:
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Public membership list needs to be extended to 
include Alex [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-rif-minutes.html#action02]

[CONTINUED] ACTION: Chris to start email discussion about what issues 
are "fuzzy" wrt phase 1 & 2 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-rif-minutes.html#action13]
Received on Tuesday, 18 April 2006 00:41:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:28 GMT