Re: Mozilla blog: DRM and the Challenge of Serving Users

On May 16, 2014, at 12:00 , cobaco <cobaco@freemen.be> wrote:

> I think the need to phrase things that apologetically makes abundantly clear
> how widespread the support for DRM isn't, at least  on the end-user side

Except that the users want to keep watching the content.  And you’re mis-representing the argument.

>> We are saying "we don't like DRM, but sadly we have to implement it" in
>> public, and we are doing exactly that, in public.
>
> Mozilla doesn't "have to", Mozilla is "choosing to"
> That's a crucial difference and not one you get to sweep under the rug

Their assessment is that it is necessary if outcomes they do not want are to be avoided. That’s a requirement, “have to”.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.