Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group

On 2014/01/07 16:08, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Fred Andrews:
>> In the absence of anyone else stepping forward, I nominate
>> for position of Chair and seek a mandate to close this group.
>
> -1

I don't know if I get what this would really imply or do to help.

>> We need to plan ahead for the W3C recommending the EME
>> specification.  We can not stop Tim, the W3C, and the DRM
>> proponents, ...
>
> I do not share that fatalism.

I think I do. Now that the MPAA has officially joined the W3C[1], I
can't find much optimism in me concerning the W3C.

1.
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140107/11263425789/not-cool-mpaa-joins-w3c.shtml

--
Emmanuel Revah