Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group

On 1/8/2014 5:04 AM, Emmanuel Revah wrote:
> On 2014/01/07 16:08, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>> Fred Andrews:
>>> In the absence of anyone else stepping forward, I nominate
>>> for position of Chair and seek a mandate to close this group.
>>
>> -1
>

> I don't know if I get what this would really imply or do to help.
>

>>> We need to plan ahead for the W3C recommending the EME
>>> specification.  We can not stop Tim, the W3C, and the DRM
>>> proponents, ...
>>
>> I do not share that fatalism.
>

> I think I do. Now that the MPAA has officially joined the W3C[1], I
> can't find much optimism in me concerning the W3C.

W3C is a multi-stakeholder collaboration where all voices should be at
the table.

If you could point me to other organizations who are not at the table
and should join to balance MPAA's views - and better represent your
views - I would appreciate that.