Re: Cory Doctorow: What happens with digital rights management in the real world? [via Restricted Media Community Group]

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014, at 03:07 PM, Mhyst wrote:
> Copyright is not a natural right we all have, but an agreement between
> creators and the society.

Actually, copyright was *originally* created as a means of religious and
political censorship.  It later evolved into its current form - although
that original use is still popular in certain circles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_copyright_law

"The origin of copyright law in most European countries lies in efforts
by the church and governments to regulate and control the output of
printers."

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420817082 | web: http://duncan-bayne.github.com/ | skype:

I usually check my mail every 24 - 48 hours.  If there's something
urgent going on, please send me an SMS or call me.