De : Mark Watson [watsonm@netflix.com]
Date d'envoi : vendredi 18 octobre 2013 17:29
À : Mhyst
Cc : Jeff Jaffe; Fred Andrews; public-restrictedmedia@w3.org
Objet : Re: Trust

How hard is it to understand the difference between discussing something and approving something ?

It is always a really a hard sell to ask that something not even be discussed when some people want to discuss it, in almost any context. You have to demonstrate a priori that nothing good could come of discussion. People generally believe that talking is good (this is not the US congress, after all). So you have to demonstrate that all possible outcomes would be bad. So you have to know all possible outcomes. That's always going to be quite a claim. Also, one of the possible outcomes is that nothing happens.

...Mark