Re: Cory Doctorow: W3C green-lights adding DRM to the Web's standards, says it's OK for your browser to say "I can't let you do that, Dave" [via Restricted Media Community Group]

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Emmanuel Revah <stsil@manurevah.com> wrote:

> Bonjour Karl,
>

> On 2013/10/04 16:38, Karl Dubost wrote:
>
>> Let's try to reply. Making questions to hide affirmation is never a
>> good way to have peaceful discussion ;)
>>
>> Emmanuel Revah [2013-10-04T09:10]:
>>
>>> Why is that finding a better "thing" is considered as the only way to
>>> avoid W3C's recommendation of EME ?
>>>

>> So basically, content owners currently uses a business model that is
>> working for them. I'm not judging if it's a good or a bad business
>> model at that point. It's just a fact.
>>

> Actually, I would tend to think it's yes and no. Yes it works for them, up
> to now it's been working great. But no, it's probably not a good business
> model for the near future. (In short, they need to move the web, and fast,
> or risk extinction.)

Could you elaborate on exactly what business models you think fall into
the category and why ? Particularly, I'm wondering if you think
subscription and rental models are obsolete and if so why ?