Re: DRM definition Re: What change could we make? (was Re: Letter on DRM in HTML)

On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 06:35 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Nikos Roussos [2013-06-26T05:58]:
> > On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 05:53 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:
> >> Nikos Roussos [2013-06-26T05:37]:
> >>
> >> http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?type-index=public-restrictedmedia&index-type=t&keywords=obfuscation&search=Search
> >
> > I think the right term here is Encryption. In most of these mentions
> > obfuscation refers to the software, not the content.
>
> My own poor man definition of content obfuscation or more exactly obfuscated content:
>
> "A content which has been encrypted and where the users do not have ownership of the key for decrypting that content."

Nope. That's wrong. Encryption and obfuscation are two different things.
That's why obfuscation usually refers to software, not content.

But anyway that's the least significant thing we'll disagree :)
Regardless of the definitions I think most people in this list
understand what DRM means.