Re: DRM definition Re: What change could we make? (was Re: Letter on DRM in HTML)

Nikos Roussos [2013-06-26T05:58]:
> On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 05:53 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:
>> Nikos Roussos [2013-06-26T05:37]:
>>> Nobody talked about obfuscation.
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?type-index=public-restrictedmedia&index-type=t&keywords=obfuscation&search=Search
>
> I think the right term here is Encryption. In most of these mentions
> obfuscation refers to the software, not the content.

My own poor man definition of content obfuscation or more exactly obfuscated content:

"A content which has been encrypted and where the users do not have ownership of the key for decrypting that content."

> And in some of these is the content providers who suggest software
> obfuscation as a mean to have an Open Source implementation of DRM.

So it is exactly why I mentioned earlier about the need of a glossary. We do _not_ use the terms with the same meaning. :) I'm not that much interested by the real definition but more by the definition which is used on the list during the discussions. :)
http://www.w3.org/community/restrictedmedia/wiki/Glossary_of_Terms

--
Karl Dubost
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/